So, we released a new track recently, “Box birds”, along with three live tracks that were recorded in 2010 with the full band, one of the last gig before our keyboard player left. Listen to it on Bandcamp or scroll down and play it from here. This single will give you an idea of what the album sounds like.
And our album is almost ready! It's entitled “Little Death Machine” and features 14 tracks and 3 instrumentals. It'll be released later this year. Not sure yet where and how, but we're working on that… Have a look at the track list and artwork here.
Thanks to everyone who ever supported us, invited us to play, bought our merch or came to our gigs. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.
Let the cat out…
- How Pugsley Killed Little Gregory… 3'54
- Don't Hit My Cat 5'31
- Organic Cars 4'01
- He's Vicious 3'48
- Where's Pugsley? 3'17
- Nothing 2'28
- Operating Table (Edit Version) 3'37
Recorded in 2007/2008.
Released in 2009 with the help of Alone productions.
CD (shipping included)
Get it here
streaming / download
- Box birds 3'42
- Organic cars (live) 4'03
- Operating table (live) 3'42
- G.I. Jesus (live) 3'28
Studio version recorded in 2011/2012.
Live tracks recorded in 2010.
Mixed in 2015/2016 and mastered in 2016.
Released in 2016.
streaming / download
Little Death Machine
- No need to be vulgar, Sir. 01'11
- Nothing 02'32
- Box birds 03'40
- High on a merry-go-round 04'12
- How Pugsley killed Little Gregory… 03'49
- babyJerkcow 02'56
- The Pink Giant 03'38
- Everlasting fairytale 03'52
- Operating table 03'37
- Indigo, violet and blue 04'43
- G.I. Jesus 03'32
- I have lost your keys 01'24
- He's vicious 03'58
- Dust & bones 03'16
- Snow White 03'54
- Try, try, [don't] try 03'54
- Before everyone is gone 02'00
Recorded in 2011/2012.
Mixed in 2015/2016 and mastered in 2016.
Release date to be confirmed soon.
- 2013-02-09 … Kuudes Silmä [Deadly Beat 5] @ Ravintolalaiva Wäiski, Helsinki, Finland (flyer)
- 2012-05-05 … Les Modules Etranges + The Umbilical Chords @ Maison de Quartier de L'île, Nantes, France (flyer)
- 2012-03-31 … Soror Dolorosa + Fragments Of Dirt [69 Rituals II : A tribute to Rozz Williams] @ Le Trokson, Lyon, France (flyer)
- 2011-12-17 … The Cemetary Girlz + Elvira and the Bats + Trans sex club + Sex is dead + Walk away [Dark Winter Fest] @ Heretic Club, Bordeaux, France (flyer)
- 2011-11-18 … Blue Void [Sinister Punks] @ Le Klub, Paris, France (flyer)
- 2011-10-08 [Around the boudoir] @ Le Lucifer, Bordeaux, France (flyer)
- 2011-07-22 … Atari Teenage Riot + Fixmer / Mc Carty + Diary Of Dreams + Closterkeller + The Cuts + Santa Hates You + ... [Castle Party Festival] Bolków, Poland (flyer)
- 2011-06-11 … The Damned + Cinema Strange + The Last Days Of Jesus + ... [Wave Gotik Treffen] @ Werk 2, Leipzig, Germany
- 2011-04-02 … Soror Dolorosa + Fluffy Venus + Chrysalis Morass [Rozz Night in Lyon] @ Le Trokson, Lyon, France (flyer)
- 2010-08-18 … Specimen + Jacquy Bitch + Last Days Of Jesus + 13th Moon + Grotesque Sexuality + ... [Drop Dead Festival] Vilnius, Lithuania (flyer)
- 2010-07-04 … Jacquy Bitch + Chrysalis Morass @ Le Klub, Paris, France (flyer)
- 2010-06-12 … Chrysalis Morass [Drop Dead Festival : Warm Up Party] @ Le Trokson, Lyon, France
- 2010-06-04 … Dead Sexy Betty + Droserae + Les Modules Étranges + Charles de Goal [Festival des Insomniaques] @ Sun Rock Avenue, Le Mans, France
- 2010-05-19 … Soror Dolorosa @ Le Kléo, Toulouse, France (flyer)
- 2009-05-16 … Soror Dolorosa + Groupe T + Tribe Of Circle + Ex_Tension + Lith + E621 @ Fort de Tamié, Albertville, France
- 2009-02-20 … Jacquy Bitch + Deadchovsky + The Cemetary Girlz @ La Manekine, Compiègne, France
- 2008-12-20 [Soutien au collectif "Affichage libre"] @ Rail Théâtre, Lyon, France
- 2008-12-13 … The Voices @ Le Trokson, Lyon, France
- 2008-10-05 … Batrider + Sixteens @ Le Sonic, Lyon, France
- 2008-08-16 @ Le Local, Marseille, France
- 2008-05-10 … Blood Orange + AinSophAur @ Le Sonic, Lyon, France
- 2008-03-08 … Trespass @ Pix Bar, Paris, France (flyer)
- 2007-12-31 … Golgotha + Bak XIII @ Dynamo, Zurich, Switzerland
- 2007-11-03 … The Absence + The Naked Man [Cold In Corbas] Corbas, France
- 2007-10-04 … Faith & The Muse @ Le Loupika, Lyon, France
- 2007-09-29 … The Naked Man @ Bauhaus Bar, Lyon, France
- 2007-06-21 … Villa Vortex + Varsovie @ Bauhaus Bar, Lyon, France
- Some Little Girl / Suckin' Guitar Zero / Bat Vocals
- Influences : Post Punk / Death rock / Christian Death / The Cure / Mephisto Waltz / 45 Grave / Les Musclés et Régine, what else? He started playing the guitar when he was a teenager, discovering punk after listening to death metal, then death rock from punk. He has spent an incalculable amount of time in music stores and venues in Europe for almost ten years. He met Önuk in June 2007 at a Swann Danger gig. Being such a perfectionist, and thanks his very well trained musical ear, allowed CASTRATi to evolve to a much more personal and unique sound.
- Some Piece Of Shit / Bawlin' Stammerings
- Influences : Death rock / Punk / 70's Jazz / Swann Danger / Skeletal Family / Ramones / Rhoda Scott / J.J. Johnson He started music during his teenage years (trombone) and, after jazz music, began to explore experimental and improvised music when he was around 18. He then discovered death rock music with a childish amusement. He was fascinated by the extremely wide and different expressions of the vocals and faces of the singers of the post punk movement. He joined up Alëks in 2007 to form CASTRATi.
- A Rock And A Hard Guy / Boucin' Bass & Songwriter
- Influences : Batcave / Post punk / Classical / Neo folk / Virgin Prunes / The Legendary Pink Dots / Bach / Christian Death / Cinema Strange / Death in June After studying classical music (violin and guitar), he got interested in dark and indie music when he was a teenager. He then totally fell in love with death rock music. In 2007, he met Önuk. This was the beginning of the project he had always wished for: CASTRATi. His innocence and his limitless taste for craziness brought to CASTRATi a dark yet cheerful and childish atmosphere.
- Like A Fuckin' Virgin / Squeakin' Organist / Bat Vocals
- Influences : Stoner / Metal / Baroque / 70's Rock / Down / Pantera / Bach / Led Zeppelin / Berlioz / Léo Ferré After learning the classical piano for years, he became the singer of the band Orange Gaze in 2003. He's been spending most of his time in theaters acting, and therefore wrote some theatrical soundtracks with Önuk. He then joined CASTRATi during spring 2008 as a keyboard player. Now an established comedian, he brings to CASTRATi an amazing and totally crazy energy.
- Octopuss / Crashing & Destroying "8-Arm-Drummer"
- Influences : Death rock / Metal / Sludge / Electronica / Skinny Puppy / Christian Death / Neurosis / Converge / The Dillinger Escape Plan / Cinema Strange He first discovered music on computers and finally joined a post punk band around 2002, his first musical project. Thanks to his wide influences, he played in diverse styles like metal, rock, punk and electronic music, thus making his drum playing personal and rich. Most of all, he likes to play live!
Kids, don't try this at home…